|-Type of tender -Tender Document -Important definitions related to civil engineering quantities -Comparison between BSMM and CESMM.|
|2.||Common types of contracts used in construction industry|
|-Lump sum (LS) contract -Measurement contract - Schedule of Rate - Bill of Quantity (BQ)|
|3.||Taking-off Quantities for Building & Civil Engineering Works|
|-Prepare take-off sheet and bill of quantities, for: - Building works (for slab, beam, column, foundation) - Civil engineering works|
|4.||Estimation of Major Elements of the Construction Industry|
|-Prepare cost estimation for building and civil engineering work on 3 resources, i.e. manpower, equipment and material.|
- list out the different types of tender and content of a tender document.
- identify the differences between BuildingStandardMethodofMeasurement(BSMM) and CivilEngineeringStandardMethodsofMeasurement(CESMM).
- prepare taking off sheet and bill of quantities from building or civil engineering drawings in accordance to BSMM or CESMM.
- identify major elements and estimate total cost of building or civil engineering works.
- reading materials (including web based)
Assessment:- (to be confirmed later)
Test 1 (30%) - (22/8/2009, 2-4pm, Laman Perdana)
Test 2 (30%) - (10/10/2009, 8-10am, Laman Perdana)
mohamad zain bin hashim
EXT3446 (room 4.72, Perdana building)
- MC is accepted for attendance purposes only. Absences will result in a grade of zero for quiz and tutorial.
- assignment will be collected on the specified dates only. Late assignment will not be graded.
- students are expected to be punctual for all classes.
- Attendance is compulsory.
- Ivor H. Seeley and George I Murray. 2001, palgrave, New york.
- Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works, Institution of Surveyors (Malaysia), Malaysia.
- Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement, Jabatan Kerja Raya, Malaysia.
- Ivor. HS (1983), Civil Engineering Quantities (Macmillan Building and surveying Series), palgrave macmillan.